Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Swim to Work..

Walking to work tonight was an adventure. It was painfully cold and windy, and my umbrella disentergrated itself within 5 minutes of the walk.
If I was a feather I surely now would be an illegal immigrant in some small island nation.It was feirce and beautiful.Yeah it was cold as all hell, and yes I got drenched, but there was some kind of indefinable kind of serenity to it all, I'm trying to figure it out, but mystery is all good in my hood.
My ipod was getting wet, so I managed to catch a plastic bag that blew towards me and I wrapped it up and tucked it into another pocket, yay for the universe not letting it die just yet, and yay me for being a hunter gatherer...
Watching the rain dance to the tune of the wind was fascinating to see on the way.Little baby sized tornados swirling around my feet was so cool, it made me feel reasonably insignificant, but nonetheless I was enthralled by the sheer spectacle of the patterns forming and dissappating at what seemed random.
Listening to Soundgarden on the way seemed to be so very apt, so I did, and as I did, the combination of the wind, the water and the music made it seem like an adventure rather than just another walk to work.
I'm actually pretty content right now.

No comments: