Saturday, September 29, 2007

Slide..........

I was sitting out work tonight before i started, and I started writing what I saw.
I'm sitting outside work on the pavement, eyes hungrily absorbing what moves around me like a homeless person, endlessly surveying where my next coin of kindness or pity will come from.However, my cup contains tea not change, and my belly food, and my lungs, smoke.
therefore I am quasi-content.Sometimes my eyes flicker on a face, to see what it makes of me, absorbing the scenery as it slides by in a blur of human stains.The traffic sounds like the ocean does, the woosh sound a car makes as it streaks past in a haze of orange and red sounds like a wave crashing nearby and somehow feels relaxing.I watch a pretty woman walk past, she has long dark hair, a long dark jacket and big black boots.
She looks sad, and I want to tell her that its ok to smile, but I dont know her, and sometimes the last thing you want is to smile.The night is cold, so I send a happy thought to her, whoever she is and hope she can find something to smile about before she falls asleep.

No comments: