Saturday, September 29, 2007

Vehicular Dissonance

I feel I experience the city more truthfully when it is moving under my feet and it's lies and lights floating past my line of vision.
After all, TV turns us into morons and reduces conversations to such topics as, 'what was the name of that korn song on friends last night', or 'wasn't the new guy in Boston Legal in that movie with Ben Affleck when Ben played that culturally alienated Spanish priest, struggling to come to terms with his homosexuality'?Yeah, he sure was.
Banality should not be used to fill up a conversation.
Conversations are where we communicate ideas, thoughts reflections and feelings, not re-living a pedantic anecdote written by some hack only so that you could be sold the best and newest type of pasta sauce.
Everytime I go on a walk in the city I see a beautiful stranger and fall in love with her utterly for 10 seconds.Its just enough time to make eye contact, contort my face into something resembling a smile and walk past each other.It seems a pity then when neither of us can overcome the shyness to attempt a hello, or a do you have a light?
I notice the traffic migration and wish that cars, well traffic itself was an actual living species, just so that we could demolition derby it into extinction and Michael Moore could make a documentary about it for moronic people.Battle of the titans style.
Then we could all ride horses again.I'm Sitting on Queen St, inhaling a diet coke and a cigarette with ferocity, this friends, is food to watch people to and thats for damn sure.That of course may not sound like a delightful meal for you, but its better than pre-cooked sausages and a heated tin of tomatoes.And I have lived off that culinary abortion before.
i call that period of life childhood.Stop thinking now, move your legs, feel the vibration of the city hitting my legs and the scent of wet streets and furrowed brows, and dispondant sweat as i move through this vehicular dissonance.
Become alive through my movements...

No comments: